Thursday, February 21, 2013

Life Sized Angry Birds Slingshot

  Here's an idea inspired by the crazy-popular Angry Birds...  I thought we came up with something pretty clever, but come to find out...lots of people have done it!

I simply used 4 inch PVC sewer pipe a couple of caps, a couple of elbows and a "T" then spray-painted it brown.
The biggest issue to me was keeping it stable from a lot of use and keeping it from twisting and turning when a lot of pressure was applied.
  I decided that using 2 "T" fence posts was the easiest and most cost effective solution.  I used bungee chords to tie it to the slingshot.
  The best launching device in our case (water balloons) was a 3 person water balloon launcher.  It turned out to be perfect for 5-10 year olds (and adults) to use!



Here is a better view of the slingshot.  I attached it with 2 large hose clamps on each side for safety.


And here are some pigs about to get clobbered....
The slingshot is now traveling from party to party...

Angry Birds Here

Happy Pig Hunting!

1 comment:

  1. I made the same mistake. Trying to find a way to reinforce now. My plan was not to bury anything.

    ReplyDelete